Re: [RTTY] Anarts exchanges

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Anarts exchanges
From: "Tom Moore" <wx4tm@tm-moore.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 16:34:03 -0500
If we are to believe that the rules call for "RST, Time UTC, and CQ Zone" - in that order, with the UTC affixed, as listed by the rules, then it follows that we must "use Amateur bands 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10 Metres" in that order!!! Reading of the rules states only: "Messages: to consist of RST, Time UTC, and CQ Zone". It says "consists". It does not say "in that order".

I saw al ot of times affixed with "UTC", and I saw a lot of reports listing RST ZONE TIME and I saw a lot of reports sending RST TIME ZONE. For about as long as I can remember, the RST ZONE TIME format has been used in this contest with minor exception, because, I suppose, that's the way its set up on the log line of WL which has been the predominate contesting program over the years. No one, to my knowledge has ever suggested this form of exchange was not within the rules. Nor have I ever heard of anyone ever being penalized for using it, nor have I ever heard of anyone from ANARTS complaining about it or making an issue of it.

I think this is a non-issue

73, Tom WX4TM