Re: [RTTY] Why is it...

To: <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Why is it...
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 21:52:40 -0600
I'm surprised at this discussion.  It's been a problem (working dupes) in the
past but in this year's ARRL RTTY Roundup, I did not
once receive or see the "sorry worked B4" message at any time.  I think it's
the first time EVER, I've not seen it happen.

I think the message is getting across.  I think all of us on this reflector
have worked hard at getting our messages across on many
issues.  We strive hard to make RTTY contesting better for everyone and I've
seen results.  We should congratulate ourselves at
making our sport better.  RTTY contesters, as a whole, are much better
operators than they were a year ago.  I'm an AMAZED at how
good the new ops are too.  The reason for this is because the experienced
operators care enough to teach the newcomers the
fundamental techniques of RTTY contesting.  This care seems to be working.

It's been fun to watch RTTY contesting grow over the last 20 or so years.  This
year's ARRL RTTY Roundup, to me, was the BEST RTTY
contest ever.  Not only did I not see the B4 message, I did not witness or
experience any frequency fights or deliberate QRM.  Maybe
I was just lucky, but I was all over the place.  All I saw was a bunch of fun
going on.  And that is what it's all about.

Let's keep it up.  And we will see unimaginable fun once the sunspots come
back.  I dream of the runs on 10 and 15 meters I used to
have.  But for now, I am enjoying the great 40 and 80 meter activity that has
spawned.

BTW, I didn't make any 6 meter RTTY contacts this weekend.  Maybe we'll try
again in June.

73, Don AA5AU