[RTTY] 6O0CW in WPX RTTY contest

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 6O0CW in WPX RTTY contest
From: "IK1PMR" <no-reply@ik1pmr.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:44:07 -0000
 Dear RTTY enthusiasts and friends,
24 hours before leaving for Somalia DXpedition,
we would like to inform you that we currently plan to be active
with one (high power) station as 6O0CW in the WPX RTTY contest.
 However, as a DXpedition, our main goal is to give everybody a
good chance to work us on each mode (CW, SSB, RTTY).
 For this reason, after discussion with the other team members,
we decided that our participation in the WPX RTTY will follow
our "special" strategy, as follows:
- we'll probably work only a single band, to prevent multiple QSOs
with the same station (probably 20m, but this may change based on
propagation, local conditions and antennas);
- we'll always work split, listening up; split window will be
announced frequently in our QRZ message;
- we also agree to log stations NOT taking part in the contest without
insisting in asking for a serial number (we don't worry for our score,
such QSOs will be marked as unclaimed for the contest log, but are OK
for confirming 6O on RTTY of course); so you can consider/work us as a
Multi/Single contest entry or as a "normal" DXpedition, as you prefer.

 Of course, the above is just a plan, and as any plan it's
subject to possible changes.
 If everything goes well, you'll have 48 hours of RTTY operation
from 6O on the WPX week-end (normally we'll be able to work only
few hours per day on digital modes - and please don't forget we'll
probably have to cope with local/environmental/power restrictions).

 And if you plan a M/S entry in WPX RTTY, don't worry,
we're not going to really compete with you guys!
Running a single band with no Mult station means a low score.
We'll have different problems there.
 Our Multi effort in WPX will try to maximize QSOs and fun for you,
not score.
 But I'm quite sure we can take first place in our DXCC country!
Have fun and please work us!

Andrea IK1PMR - www.ik1pmr.com
for the 6O0CW team

PS: your feedback is important to us;
however, to prevent spam, we posted with an invalid email address;
to send us your comments, please don't reply to this email
but use the feedback form on:
www.ik1pmr.com/feedback/
or the form on the DXpedition web site:
www.i2ysb.com/6o/