Re: [RTTY] RITTY 4.5 Issue

To: "'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RITTY 4.5 Issue
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:04:36 -0700
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 12:27:45 -0400, A.J. Cioffi wrote:

>Let me recap.  With all the information being passed, I am loosing site of
>the target here.  I am running Win98SE.    I have the sound card set up with
>this configuration based on the data that is selected in the device manager
>under resources.
>
>Use automatic setting is checked
>
>IRQ 05
>DMA 01
>DMA 00
>I/O 0280-028F
>I/O 0300-0301
>I/O 0388-0388
>
>No Conflicts
>
>So in the autoexec.bat file I should add the following line?
>
>SET BLASTER= A280 I5 D1 H1 P300 T6
>
>Now if this does not work, what parameters shall I change?

It's been a few years since I ran Win98SE, but as best I recall, if
you start Windows and then go to DOS full-screen mode, you don't need
ANYTHING in either your autoexec.bat or config.sys files.  Completely
empty.  You only need the SET BLASTER statement when you boot directly
into DOS.  Windows supplies its own drivers for the soundcard.

Now for the really important question:  What make and model of
soundcard are you using, and what kind of slot (ISA or PCI)?

--
Bill W6WRT