Re: [RTTY] "Sputnik Craze"

To: nb1b@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [RTTY] "Sputnik Craze"
From: Larry L Lindblom <llindblom@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:43:04 -0500
I was born in 1945 so Sputnik and also Telstar are in my head never to be
forgotten.  But, what got me into this hobby was a Christmas present from
my parents around 1957 or 1958.  The present was a Hallicrafters 5 tube
short wave receiver (S-120??).  I started doing SWL DXing and QSLing.  I
got a thrill out of finding and copying Radio Norkasting, BBC, HCJB, etc
on my 40 ft wire antenna.  The next logical step for me was to not only
hear stations all over the globe but to also work them.

73 W0ETC