Re: [RTTY] QSL Info for XU7ABN

To: rtty-contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] QSL Info for XU7ABN
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 12:09:40 -0700
AA5VU writes
I can understand and appreciate the mail and other issues XU7ABN may have
with QSL cards that explains the NO QSL PLEASE, NO QSL...!!! message.

Have no fear, XU on RTTY are not that rare.

My RTTY log shows an XUF2B worked back in February 1998, and XU7ABT worked in July 2001.

So it looks like one pops up at least once every three years, HI HI.

The XUF2B is not a typo. I have his QSL card right here. Op is Bob Harvey, K2PI of the U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh.

I found him CQ'ing and lonely way up the RTTY segment of 20m in a contest. I was operating as AA6TY/7 in Phoenix then, using some aluminium pole that was pretending to be a vertical antenna.

You can tell the DXers from the true contesters during a contest. The DXers are the ones doing S&P hoping that lightning would strike, and sometimes it does :-)

73
Chen, W7AY