[RTTY] FSK 700Hz Offset

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] FSK 700Hz Offset
From: ws7i at ewarg.org (Jay Townsend)
Date: Wed Jun 11 19:07:45 2003
At 03:22 PM 6/11/03 -0500,

>Sounds like a rig problem.  In FSK mode, the software should only be sending
>ON/OFF data to the FSK input of the rig
>Normally that's a software and AFSK type problem!
> I have a 700Hz offset between TX and RX for FSK that I cannot live with.

Sounds like to me 700 Hz might be the difference between CW for tone or
something. I would check in the Icom manual very carefully because it
sounds like something is in CW position 600-800 hz is fairly normal offset
for cw.  FSK is usually not that difficult in most ICom's you might also
check and make sure you are on the right pin's.

Not that familar with that rig but some of those 50 plus connector icom
plugs are easy to get a solder drip going between two pins.