[RTTY] Logic?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Logic?
From: k4ww at arrl.net (Shelby Summerville)
Date: Tue Feb 11 07:09:28 2003
W0YR@aol.com wrote: "Exceptions to accepted operating practice in contests
just wastes everyone's time."

While I'm "generally" in agreement, I see absolutely no reason whatsoever,
especially in marginal band conditions, for a "repeated exchange"  to
contain an RST, when it is already a "given 599/59"? I only need to
know/copy the portion of the exchange after RST, not the RST! Yes, I know
what the rules require, however if the RST portion of the exchange isn't
already pre-programmed into the logging program, maybe a change of programs
is in order?  Long chastisements, "on the air", certainly take more time
that a repeated report?
Bottom line, for me:  Just call me, I'll figure out the exchange, if I can
copy it, and I certainly won't chastise anyone, "on the air", for not
"sending it correct"!
C'Ya, Shelby