[RTTY] Baudot

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Baudot
From: w7why at harborside.com (Tom Osborne)
Date: Fri Jan 24 13:21:33 2003
----- Original Message -----
From: Bill Turner <w7ti@dslextreme.com>

> But I feel that dashes should not be used in the above situation.
Where
> both stations are using unshift on space (USOS), having a space
instead
> of a dash increases the odds of correct reception, especially under
weak
> conditions.

But if signals are weak, when you send a space and the other signal
doesn't get the figures signal, you get 599 too too too too.  With a
space, you don't get the unshift character and it stays 599-599-599
(So I've been told).  How 'bout we send RYRYRYRY between each group of
numbers :-)  73
Tom W7WHY