[RTTY] help

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] help
From: w7why@harborside.com (Tom Osborne)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 12:39:33 +0100
Dick White wrote:
> I have had a long list of radio and computer problems this
> year and still trying to solve them.

Hi Dick

I've found the best thing for WF1B and CT (along with all the
other DOS based programs)is to get a '386 or '486 and use them
for contesting.  At a garage sale a couple of weeks ago, I picked
up a '486 with CD Rom, 2 hard drives (1100 MB and 450 MB) for 50
cents.  Got a VGA monitor to go with it for $1.00.  The '386
works good with WF1B as well as CT.  I also have an old 125mhz
pentium that I have Windoze on to run MMTTY.  Using Win95 on that
one.  The '486 and 125 pentium running MMTTY make a neat setup
for RTTY contesting with WF1B.  Seems like the old computers are
quieter in the RX and harder to mess up with RF.  73 and GL
Tom W7WHY