[RTTY] Where has all the RTTY Gone

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Where has all the RTTY Gone
From: wk6i@twistedoak.com (Jeff Stai WK6I)
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 11:31:22 -0700
I concur with Jerry - a quick polite QSO explaining the test could encourage
a new contester.

JV - I fear that in many cases all that will be understood is that you were
yet another slightly rude contester... sorry.

I remember from one of the first contests I ever worked - during a phone DX
test a rare African station came on the air. The operator was an American
working down there - he did not seem to be aware of the contest, but he sure
did sound homesick. All he wanted was to work a few stations back home...
Anyway, I impressed with the operators I heard working him: each one slowed
down and had a short QSO with him (name, state, wx) while working in the
contest exchange.

HTH - 73 - jeff wk6i