[RTTY] FT1000MP MkV & FSK

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] FT1000MP MkV & FSK
From: chen@mac.com (Kok Chen)
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 17:46:50 -0700
<aa5au@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Trying to help someone having problems running the Mark V on FSK.
> I downloaded the manual and wondering if on the 4 pin RTTY plug if
> "SHIFT" is the FSK input.  If so, should you be able to short and open
> "SHIFT" to ground to see your signal shift from Mark to Space or vice versa?

The FT-9xx to FT-1000xx share the same FSK DIN connector pin
configuration.

If you look at the rear panel of the rig at the DIN socket, the
first pin clockwise from the key is pin 1.  Clockwise from that
is pin 2, then 3 and finally pin 4, which is just counterclockwise
from the key (remember, looking at the socket and not the plug).

Pin 1 is FSK Shift, pin 2 is Audio out, pin 3 is PTT and pin 4 is
ground.

There is an internal pull-up resistor on the FSK shift line, so
grounding and opening the shift pin should produce a shift in the
carrier frequency (either use a Mic PTT or the MOX button to key
the rig).

73
Chen, W7AY