[RTTY] UBN analysis

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] UBN analysis
From: edlyn@california.com (Eddie Schneider)
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 12:56:48 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Barry " <w2up@mindspring.com>
To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 11:13 AM

> I received my UBN file from Sir Eddie, and, as always, found it
> interesting. I improved in several areas (no zone errors and just a
> handful of tyops).
> One area I always find somewhat mystifying is the "not in log" QSOs.
> Out of 1800 QSOs, I had 19 N-I-Ls. O compared my UBN report with
> AA5AUs. Don also had about 1800 QSOs, and had 17 N-I-Ls - very
> similar. Interestingly, we had 2 N-I-Ls in common:
> LW9EOC and OA4EI were removed from both our logs for not being in
> their logs. Our LW9EOC QSOs were on the same frequency, 30
> minutes apart. Our OA4EI QSOs were on the same band, 5 hours apart.
> I wonder if there's a pattern here. Did anyone else have those calls
> removed for not being in the log? Could be coincidence but, I wonder
> what goes on with them...
> 73,
> Barry W2UP--

Simple explanations:

LW9EOC only submitted a log for SB 10m. Had he sent in a checklog for any
15m contacts, assuming that his restricted licence permits 15m rtty, they
would have counted.
OA4EI submitted a 15m log, however, a very high percentage of his US/VE
contacts had no state or province/territory noted, making those QSOs
'incomplete exchanges' in his log :<((
Thats the way the cookie crumbles, sorry.

Eddie Schneider.