RFI

Re: [RFI] Low Noise LED Recessed Lights - Again

To: Thomas Hoyer <thoyer1@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Low Noise LED Recessed Lights - Again
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2024 22:13:43 +0000
You might also contact Ken Wyatt at <ken@emc-seminars.com.  He has done
testing of a number of LED lights.

A big problem with the big box stores is that if you buy one and it's
clean, there is no assurance the next batch will be the same.  You almost
have to test every one.

We replaced our hanging pendant lights over one of the kitchen counters
with "old fashioned looking" screw-in bulbs.  We have no problem with
them.  For what it's worth, they are Ecosmart brand.

When we had this house built we required absolutely no flourescent, CFL, or
LED lights or fixtures.  We had all (now banned) standard incandescent
light bulbs in the recessed ceiling lighting.  Now we have no choice but to
buy LED lighting.  I still ban CFLs and flourescents.

Oh, yes, and then there are "electronic" transformers......😰😧😕😠

Dave - WØLEV

On Wed, Sep 11, 2024 at 6:13 PM Thomas Hoyer via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
wrote:

> Doing an addition to the house and want to use some recessed LED lights in
> the vaulted ceiling. I spent a while last night searching the archives and
> I found a lot of threads about folks having issues with them but didn't see
> any recommendation for fixtures that are actually low noise.
> I bought a couple Halo lamps from Home Depot and "sniffed" them with the
> spectrum analyzer - lots of switching noise so they are out.
> I operate 160m through 2m 98% CW, looking for folks that have had success
> with this type of lighting and suggestions for manufacturer / models that
> would fit the bill.
> Thanks,
> TomW3TA

*Dave - WØLEV*