RFI

Re: [RFI] K2MO Solar Panel RFI Issue: Problem Solved!

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] K2MO Solar Panel RFI Issue: Problem Solved!
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2024 19:22:11 +0000
Yes, this is true, Jim, K9YC.   I've been at this "hobby" for some 65
years.  There was a time during the first couple of three decades that a
"pink slip" from the FCC was feared by most hams.  I've been an EMC/RFI
engineer (and a few other pursuits) professionally for the last 40 years.
I've painfully experienced the slippery downward slide of FCC influence in
the RF interference realm.  And the debacle with BPL where ARRL took FCC to
court and won over their improper and "altered" data on the subject.
Needless to mention, I'm not a fan of the present FCC (nor the volunteer
examiner program and memorize-and-forget philosophy to obtain a license).

Well, complaining about the downward slide of enforcement won't get anyone
anywhere.  But I distinctly remember better days from the past.

Dave - WØLEV

On Fri, Jul 19, 2024 at 7:10 PM Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

> On 7/19/2024 8:34 AM, David Eckhardt wrote:
> >   At the FCC both enforcement
> > and OET (Office of Engineering and Technology) has been gutted.
>
> This all happened 40 years ago, thanks to "small government," made worse
> by the increased takeover of government by big money and unlimited
> contributions to elected officials and those running for office.
>
> 73, Jim K9YC

*Dave - WØLEV*