RFI

Re: [RFI] K2MO Solar Panel RFI Issue: Problem Solved!

To: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] K2MO Solar Panel RFI Issue: Problem Solved!
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2024 15:34:25 +0000
Rob, not only your observations, but I'd ask (I know) how long ARRL has
been "working with" Solar Edge to engineer a solution.  The solution is
there and sound.  They know what the fixes are.  Sure, they may cost a bit
more.  But Solar Edge refuses to take the sound advise of ARRL which aided
Solar Edge in finding a "solution" to their RFI.

And even further, ARRL has done what FCC should be doing on the backs ($$$)
of us members of ARRL.  FCC just doesn't care about enforcement so long as
it doesn't involve mega$$ in their pockets.  At the FCC both enforcement
and OET (Office of Engineering and Technology) has been gutted.  Nothing
left but a bunch of misguided and overpaid lawyers.  And I'd ask what do
lawyers know about RF.  You know the answer.....

Have a read of my long paragraph on my QRZ page for some real life
experiences as an RFI/EMC engineer.

Dave - WØLEV

On Fri, Jul 19, 2024 at 1:27 PM Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Congratulations Tony but IMO it sucks that you had to endure years of
> ham misery and frustration and that you had to put up such a fight.  A
> lot of hams would have given up and either moved or modified their
> radio activity in some way.  My perception is that the Solar Edge
> company has some management problems at its top level.  Ever since the
> whole residential solar panel business took hold, all the problems
> I've heard about have involved Solar Edge.  It seems like they tried
> to ignore the problem hoping hams would go away and they basically had
> to be badgered and pestered and finally cooperated when they realized
> nothing else would get hams to leave them alone.  Where was the FCC in
> all this.  Back when HF seemed to be of strategic national security
> importance, the FCC would have shut that company down.  You lost years
> of ham radio operating that you'll never get back.   Enjoy the rest
> and be well!
>
> 73
> Rob
> K5UJ