RFI

Re: [RFI] Generac 16KW Standby Generator - NO RFI!

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Generac 16KW Standby Generator - NO RFI!
From: Tom Frenaye <frenaye@pcnet.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 09:20:06 -0400
I have a 20kw Generac (propane) generator right outside of my shack next to the
house.   I have never detected any RFI from it at all.  My antennas are not
near the house though.

     73 Tom/K1KI

—
Tom Frenaye, P O Box J, West Suffield CT 06093. c: 860-597-4539  h: 860-668-5444

On 8/20/22, 7:26 AM, "RFI on behalf of Hare, Ed, W1RFI"
<rfi-bounces+frenaye=pcnet.com@contesting.com on behalf of w1rfi@arrl.org>
wrote:

    This report corresponds to other reports we have received about Generac.
They have responded to the few complaints about RFI and have indicated to HQ
staff that they want to be known as the "RF quiet" system, so they are looking
to do as much as they can.

    Ed