Propagation

Re: [Propagation] Strange 14 MHz propagation from YO to W7

To: "a COL Propagation" <propagation@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Propagation] Strange 14 MHz propagation from YO to W7
From: "Thomas Giella KN4LF" <kn4lf@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:09:28 -0400
This e-mail posting is from the Radio Propagation Reflector that you're
currently subscribed to.  Refer to the end of this e-mail for directions on how
to change your subscription options, or to unsubscribe.
_______________________-start-_________________

Ady,

The propagation mode was skewed F2 via horizontal gradients in the ion
concentration. The signal path and heading was SW across western Africa,
then west through the southern Caribbean Sea region just north of the
Geomagnetic Equator, then NW across the U.S. The F2 MUF along that path was
high enough to propagate the signal. Some Chordal Hop type signal ducting
was probably also involved.

73,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Lakeland, FL, USA
kn4lf@arrl.net

KN4LF Daily Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm
KN4LF Daily LF/MF/HF/6M Frequency Radiowave Propagation Forecast & Archive
Site: http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf6.htm
KN4LF 160 Meter Radio Propagation Theory Notes:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf8.htm
LF/MF/HF/VHF Frequency Radiowave Propagation Email Reflector: