Orion

Re: [Orion] Questions about Orion II

To: jim@n7us.net
Subject: Re: [Orion] Questions about Orion II
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 20:20:19 -0600
Jim,
        I requested this feature on the Orion last year, and it got a
fairly positive reception.  I suggested implementing it by a long push of
the A>B button.  Since then I heard nothing more about it.  I would
prefer that it do the "quick QSY" function, but that the audio routing be
programmable by the user.  Frankly, I prefer the main RX in both ears and
the Sub RX in the right ear only.  This keeps the DX station "front and
center" and the less important pileup management off in one ear.  (Yes, I
know, pileup management is important, but hearing the DX is even more
important!).  At any rate, maybe some of these features will follow the
V2 release to the Orion.

        73,  Duane

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 09:02:10 -0600 "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net> writes:
> I should have been more clear.  The situation is that I'm listening
> to a DX
> station who is listening up a few.  I'm obviously listening with
> both left
> and right headphones on his/her frequency.  I want to press one
> button so I
> am also receiving on the other station's frequency and hearing that
> frequency in my right ear, and that frequency will be my transmit
> frequency.
> To do that on my Orion takes more than one button.
>
> Merry Christmas,
>
> Jim N7US

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas