Orion

Re: [Orion] Questions about Orion II

To: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
Subject: Re: [Orion] Questions about Orion II
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 09:21:33 -0500
Jim,

The Orion II firmware is almost identical to the Orion Version 2.  This
firmware is a rewrite of version 1 firmware to incorporate a better firmware
design that is less prone to lockups and freezes.  The initial release does
not have the enhancements you are looking for.  The first step is to get
everything working.  The enhancements that you are looking for will come
later.

By the way, you can tune with my N4PY program running from the Orion front
panel if you turn the polling button on in the program.

Merry Christmas,

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC