Re: [Karlnet] different wireless os

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] different wireless os
From: John Tully <tully@mikrotik.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:15:20 +0300
At 03:47 PM 10/15/2004, you wrote:
John Tully wrote:

We are doing some testing in-house and we will be making easier ways to view the stats for clients and such. But, we have not found any changes yet.

For clients that do have very low quality signal/connection, we have found that we can put 20% more data through or so with Nstreme, but this can make for long latency on frames that have to be resent. So, we will look for some ways to make better latency for clients with a very low quality link.

Generally, we are satisfied with the results and many of our customers are. I noticed that Turbocell uses some hybrid that has a non-polling component/mode that is used dynamically in some situations. We may include some other modes as well so that each situation can be addressed specifically.

turbocell has a non-polling component? how did you determine this?

I read it in Doug Karl's "White Paper." Maybe I have mis-phased what it said. I need to read this again.
http://www.karlnet.com/Documents/DocumentsWhitePapers.htm

John
www.mikrotik.com