Re: [Karlnet] Thermal Solutions

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Thermal Solutions
From: "Bernie Beckel" <bernie@etech-connect.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 07:14:24 -0600
From: "Wisp Notes" <wisp-notes@s1-i.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 9:54 AM

> As far as our power supplies are concerned, we've used an 18v and a 14v.
It doesn't appear to make any difference in which one we use. As far as the
fan, doesn't 120mm fan seen a bit over-kill? We have thought of using the 5v
header that is on the board to power a small fan, but I don't see it doing
enough good without a heatsink for the cpu. Another thought we've had an
will be trying soon is using just a sheet of thin aluminium to mount on the
backside and provide shade from the sun.