Re: [Karlnet] Thermal Solutions

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Thermal Solutions
From: "Wisp Notes" <wisp-notes@s1-i.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:54:44 -0600
As far as our power supplies are concerned, we've used an 18v and a 14v. It
doesn't appear to make any difference in which one we use. As far as the fan,
doesn't 120mm fan seen a bit over-kill? We have thought of using the 5v header
that is on the board to power a small fan, but I don't see it doing enough good
without a heatsink for the cpu. Another thought we've had an will be trying
soon is using just a sheet of thin aluminium to mount on the backside and
provide shade from the sun.

Has anyone found some good cheap heatsinks that will work?

Has anyone found some small fans they like too?

Thanks,

Paul
Source One Internet