RE: [Karlnet] Private side vs. public side

To: "'karlnet@WISPNotes.com'" <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Private side vs. public side
From: Dan Metcalf <danm@suncorstainless.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:47:26 -0400
Bill,

Yes we do offer a 768k/128k service for the residential market, and yes I do
use Karlnet to control bandwidth, I set the bandwidth on the wireless side
to 128k and 768k on the Ethernet side.

One problem with this is that when the 128k or the 768k is maxed our SNMP
management traffic doesn't flow nicely to the units.

I also have a linux box at our NOC, which does load balancing and acts as
our firewall as well.  As we allow the residential service to access P2P
file sharing programs but we rate-limit the ports if our link is getting
heavy activity.

Dan Metcalf
Wireless Broadband Systems
dan.metcalf@wbsysnet.com