Re: [CQ-Contest] Do not rely on spots for copying callsigns

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Do not rely on spots for copying callsigns
From: NC8R via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2024 11:48:52 +0000
It seems like that's quite common in phone contests. Whether it's caused by QRM
or the operator's accent, some calls will be copied and spotted wrong. I
occasionally get spotted as NC3R, etc. That happened during WPX, even though I
say my call after every QSO while running. It's always important to listen
carefully to verify that you have the correct call. Unfortunately, some
operators are going to lose points as a result of relying on the spots!

Dan NC8R