Re: [CQ-Contest] Do not rely on spots for copying callsigns

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Do not rely on spots for copying callsigns
From: CEPitts <cpitts@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 08:20:18 -0400
Hi John I received the same. I did not play in this one with any serious effort due to other commitments. I had planned and participated based on time and issues to use it as a chance to possibly use it as a "DX" opportunity band countries/mode as needed or wanted.

Made a little over 30 qso's total the entire weekend on a non-contest logging program just to add to a general logging program for my "DX" pursuits and upload to LOTW.

No submission as I wanted to this be just for my own use, pleasure, pursuits. No big deal as a real contest effort for this one.

I suspect that based on past participation in this and other tests the sponsor has mine, yours, and others in the database and we get those emails. Your situation is a little different than mine but sure we re not alone in the email/log requests if they haven't see anything.

For my very insignificant operating that weekend in the sense of "contesting" for this one I choose not to upload. Of course my efforts go to LOTW and I leave it at that.

73! all, Ed K5OF NC, FM14rs