Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting - now ARRL and Remote

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting - now ARRL and Remote
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 03:08:45 -0700
On 3/18/2024 12:33 PM, Richard F DiDonna NN3W wrote:
I traveled 88,000 miles last year and was at several conferences with
hundreds of other attendees - never got COVID.  I saw hundreds of
contesters at Dayton and at WRTC - including many in their 70s and
80s.  My mother who is 78 flies back and forth from the east coast
three times a year - did not get COVID.

Take precautions; get a vaccine.

I'm happy for you. Both my wife and I are fully vaxed. Four of my friends have died, others have suffered from long COVID. I have health vulnerabilities, and so do my friends. Do you? How old are you? CDC says those of us over 70 are at greater risk. I'm 82, she's 2 years younger. She and I are enjoying life, and want to continue to do so. Years ago, I made a trip to the Caribbean with K4BAI, KU8E, and N3ZZ. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't cheap. And I wouldn't consider it safe to do it today.

73, Jim K9YC