Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting - now ARRL and Remote

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting - now ARRL and Remote
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 12:20:31 -0700
On 3/17/2024 8:30 AM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
  however nearly anyone can travel to Maine,
Bonaire, Aruba, Cape Verde, etc to operate in person.

I agree with most of your post, but this jumps out at me as absolutely false. These are expensive places to get to, so NOT available to "nearly anyone." And they expose the traveler to COVID, a big deal if you're a senior citizen or have health vulnerabilities. Traveling to, let alone building stations in these places is a rich man's game. If you've got the bucks, you can buy a big score. I'm happy for those who can do so, and respect the technical chops of the builders, but it is not MY view of a level playing field.

73, Jim K9YC