Re: [CQ-Contest] Connected but not assisted

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Connected but not assisted
From: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 18:56:27 -0600
Why does the sponsor of the contest need to ask permission to make rule changes?  I can assure you that remotes were being discussed within the CAC for a long time.  CQ contest also allows remotes in the same fashion as the ARRL.  Why do are they getting a pass?

Regardless, I think it widely agreed that remote is less desirable than in person.

What exactly is the problem?  It seems nobody wants to talk about the objections but keep falling back on how rules are written or what words are used to describe it.

Kevin N5DX might take exception to what I wrote as he has done some pretty amazing things remote, but even he might say he could do better at the station.

I think remotes might be being blamed for some really really nice stations being built in the last 5 or so years that just happen to incorporate remote.  I would too if it was my station.  No brainer!

I think it would help if those opposed would just admit what the real issue is and stop beating around the bush.

W0MU