[CQ-Contest] Connected but not assisted

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Connected but not assisted
From: Hal Offutt <hal@japancorporateresearch.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 16:18:14 +0900
Hold on, guys,

Please don't lump remote operating with assisted operating.  They are totally different animals.  Remote is simply a means to operate a station, whether it's in your basement or on the other side of the world.  It does not  confer any kind of advantage. Paul Bourque's description is perfect: remote is merely a long mic (key) cord.

73, Hal W1NN

Remoting my station in Ohio from Tokyo since 2011  (and always unassisted)