Re: [CQ-Contest] Acking Sprint QSO's

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "k9yc@arrl.net" <k9yc@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Acking Sprint QSO's
From: jimk8mr--- via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 14:39:01 +0000 (UTC)
 I use ESM only when running. When S+P, which is all the Sprint is, I don't.
Instead, I keep the run and S+P messages identical, using F7 as the S+P
exchange:    ! TU # JIM FL K8MR
So if someone has called me, I hit INS.  If I have called someone, I hit F7.
(One minor exception: I use a 1x1 CQ in S&P, and a 1x2 CQ in Run)

73  -  Jim   K8MR

    On Tuesday, February 6, 2024 at 09:31:25 AM EST, Jim Brown
<k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

 On 2/5/2024 11:53 AM, marko.n5zo@gmail.com wrote:
> Hmmm, maybe I need to include macro to put program in
> S&P mode into my F4 button

Yep, that's what the macro file did that W7WHY gave me many years ago. I
can still QLF, mostly hitting a wrong key on the logging computer. And
old age is making it worse. :)

73, Jim K9YC