Re: [CQ-Contest] Overrlay Categories

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Overrlay Categories
From: Stan Zawrotny <k4sbz.stan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 15:10:37 -0500
I am 80 and am not in the class of the big guns even though I have a full
legal limit station. I don't feel the need for an overlay to  point to my
age as my excuse for not scoring higher. Instead, I would like to see an
overlay of just wires. The current overlay combines wires with tribanders.
Tribanders have a great advantage over wires -- they can rotate. A couple
of the European contests are starting to have a wires-only category. I
would like to see some of our ARRL, CQ  and NAQP contests do the same.

Stan, K4SBZ

"Real radio bounces off the sky."