[CQ-Contest] Overrlay Categories

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Overrlay Categories
From: <w1rm@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 15:48:55 -0500
I know we have overlay categories for all sorts of things and that's great.
But, I'd like to suggest just one more.  For those of us who have been in
the game for a very long time, it's hard to compete.  Not impossible, mind
you.  K1ZZ has been at it for 60 years and he can hold with the very best.
But, there are others who are in their sunset years who's getup and go has
gotten up and went and yet we still get in and do the best we can.

My very first contest effort was in 1957 in the Novice Roundup as KN2UTV.  I
didn't do any more contesting until 1964 when I was working at ARRL HQ and
Ellen White offered a trophy for the top HQ score in CW SS.

Any thoughts about recognizing the real seniors in the game?

Pete Chamalian, W1RM

W1RM@Comcast.net