Re: [CQ-Contest] Newbies in SS (was ARRL Sweepstakes CW, on N1MM+ group)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Newbies in SS (was ARRL Sweepstakes CW, on N1MM+ group)
From: Ben Coleman NJ8J <nj8j@benshome.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 21:25:26 -0500
On 11/13/2023 12:25 PM, Art Boyars wrote:
I'd have to close N1MM then open my everyday log and log them, then
close my log and reopen N1MM once I convince them to move on.  Try to be
polite but..."

I use the general log (called DX in N1MM+) for making non-contest QSOs during the contest. I normally leave one in my operating log database, just in case. If I need to make a non-contest QSO, I switch over to the DX log, log it, and then switch back over to my contest log. The first time, it's Alt-F O, then select the DX contest. Make the QSO, log it, and Alf-F 2 will return you to your contest log. If you've done it already, then the DX log is available with an Alt-F 2 (unless you're working more than one contest at once, in which case you're probably used to 'dancing on the Alt-F key', as I call it).

Ben
--
Ben Coleman nj8j@benshome.net
Radiating from Bedsprings Brigade Manor