Re: [CQ-Contest] R: ARRL DX CW Results - Did Anyone Else Notice?

To: Emir Memic <emir.memic@emssolutions.at>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] R: ARRL DX CW Results - Did Anyone Else Notice?
From: "rjairam@gmail.com" <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 14:07:28 -0400
The FCC in the US hasn’t acted on most pending amateur petitions in over a
decade. I wouldn’t hold your breath.

That said - I agree that we should look to make it more fun and open.
However, respect for the existing rules supersedes that.

For example want to run 10kW, be loud and make more contacts, but rules
don’t allow that. Should I just do it anyway and hope not to be caught? I
want to go below US phone bands and run pileups for hours - should I do it
anyway and hope the volunteer monitors don’t send me a pink card?

Of course not.

Let’s aim for more fun but let’s not look for a way to excuse the rules
violation.

Ria
N2RJ