Re: [CQ-Contest] R: ARRL DX CW Results - Did Anyone Else Notice?

To: Cq Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] R: ARRL DX CW Results - Did Anyone Else Notice?
From: r-emails@n5ot.com
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 13:49:31 -0500
Bob, I found the problem where we are not understanding each other.

Mark, I apologize for not making this clear enough.

No worries friend, you can buy me a beer at the next Hamvention. Matt's posts compelled me to review FCC Part 97 and CEPT TR 61-01. My conclusion ("I am not a lawyer") - these documents directly contradict the FCC Public Notice I was citing on the ARRL web site. No wonder there was confusion. That is all there is to it. I was quoting the Public Notice, you say the FCC tells you something different than their Public Notice.

Glad that's settled.  We're all human.

I hope you will read on: I know there are other opinions about citizenship requirements, opinions done by people smarter than me, opinions cited by ARRL Brass in QST in the past, that call your position into question. However, that is out of my purview. I feel I have said what I should, and I understand we may disagree. Braco asked "what can we change to make it legal?" and I suggest it is not hard: If Matt had used the call FS/IZ3EYZ we would not be having this conversation.

Thanks again for your note,
73 - Mark N5OT