Re: [CQ-Contest] K3 SO2V contesting question

To: Mike Smith VE9AA <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] K3 SO2V contesting question
From: Jack Brindle via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 13:19:37 -0500
Not quite true (but close). If all you want to do is to listen on 10 while
working other bands, the K3 will do it quite nicely. That second Rx is truly a
separate rx, with its own antenna input terminal thus making it quite capable
of receiving on other bands. The trick is connecting it to allow use of the
second antenna jack when you installed it (see the manual).

I use it often to see if 10m actually has activity on it. This past weekend,
not much, although I did get a few Qs up there.

And Mike, thanks for the Qs this weekend. Being in Louisiana usually has its
advantages. This weekend, I was just in the big ‘7’ pot…

73,
Jack, W6FB