[CQ-Contest] K3 SO2V contesting question

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] K3 SO2V contesting question
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 18:41:27 -0300
I am thinking about going somewhere for CQWW (not sure if SSB or CW) and
have a K3 question, that I could likely answer myself, but it and everything
that goes with it is all packed away not easily accessible.

I've used this rig only twice in my ownership.  Once in IARU in 2016
(VO1TTT) and I think the following summer in FD.

I always did single band S&P on the 2nd RX..maybe this \is all you can do?

My question is..if I am running on 20m CW, and I am using a single multiband
antenna, can I also S&P on 15m or 10m (understanding of course there's just
2 RXs and it's not truly SO2R like I am used to with my pair of big Icoms)

I wouldn't even ask this question..it's a little embarrassing actually, but
again, not familiar with Elecraft gear even though I own some..it's not a
trivial matter to go get the rig from storage and set it up right now,
though this answer will actually help me plan.

Thanks for the answers all you SO2V contesters with K3 's !

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB