Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Calls

To: "ktfrog007@aol.com" <ktfrog007@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Calls
From: Fabio Schettino <fabio.e.schettino@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 09:42:33 +0200
Hi Fellows

As a WRTC 2022 committee member  I want to thank you for helping this
competition to be one of the largest 2023 events in the world.

About callsigns :

We have negotiated two years, to clarify and insist, that this will be an
unique opportunity for Italy to allow a never assigned block of
callsign, for a unique event. We had several meeting even weekly with
Ministry rappresentative , to engage a procedure that has been
never done, even the ITU assigned Call block allows it.

Otherwise there are rules that can't be overcome, the WRTC 2022 was
developed in the I4 Area, one of the callsign divisions and obviously we
can't
request other than a callsign that starts with I4 Prefix. Two prefix
numbers has not be allowed in the recent four decades, and it's was
perfect, for  WPX
hunter, and easy to be recognized as WRTC 2022 competitors.

So no funny I8 block, assigned to another Italian Division or some other
easy to hear callsign, simply an hard work to allow worldwide hams to have
more fun during the contest.

Callsign has been publicly announced Friday Morning, most bulletin has
spread out the information at light speed, and RBN networks has been updated
a week early. WRTC 2022 Log checking has been leaded from N6TR, Tree, that
is in charge also at ARRL to check IARU Contest Log, so everyone was
update at the right time.

So LOG WHAT YOU HEAR ...

Best 73 de Fabio I4UFH

WRTC2022 Vice Director