Re: [CQ-Contest] Starting Over...

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Starting Over...
From: Jim McDonald <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 21:29:03 +0000
I once also suffered lighting damage from an outside wireless internet antenna
via the Ethernet line to the router.  I had that because I live in a rural area
and had no choice.

I was overjoyed when I finally found I could get Verizon 5G Home Internet.
Instead of 20Mb down and 4 up from a lightning magnet, I have a small, white
cube on an inside bookshelf pointed at a 5G cell tower less then two miles
away.  My internet speed is 320Mbs down and 20 up.  And it's cheaper than the
wireless service.

I can have Ethernet to the shack because it's not carrying lightning.  I have
it connected to my new K4D and KPA1500 via an Ethernet switch.

Jim N7US