Re: [CQ-Contest] N1MM's Embrace of Self-Spotting

To: reflector cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] N1MM's Embrace of Self-Spotting
From: David Hachadorian <k6ll.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 13:57:26 -0700
On 11/30/2022 8:21 AM, George Fremin III wrote:
If the rules allow staitons to call CQ on the internet - then why
would they not all start calling CQ on the internet at the same rate
they call CQ on the radio?

Because spots persist on the bandmap for 10 minutes, or whatever time the user chooses.  I think CW Skimmers repeat spots every 10 minutes.

I think the 10 minute interval chosen by N1MM is appropriate.  I would probably do an additional spot if I changed CQ frequency. Maybe N1MM could incorporate that feature too, and restart the 10 minute timer.

I plan to self-spot on SSB only.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ