Re: [CQ-Contest] new hamshack computer

To: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] new hamshack computer
From: w9pa@w9pa.net
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 22:18:11 +0000

For an inexpensive small IBM Compatible PC , go to eBAY and search for NUC6i5. You'll find some starting under $100. The Intel NUC6 comes in two sizes, one little over 1" tall and one about 2.5" high. I recommend the one using the Core i5 CPU. K3LR uses 18 of them for Contesting and 6 of the newer NUC7's for his Proteus-based Skimmers). I use a NUCi5 with DX Log, Win-Clus and N1MM+ (mainly DXLog). The smaller NUC only uses M.2 SSD's. The taller version has room for a 2.5" Disk in addition to the M.2 SSD

About half of K3LR's NUC's were USED and bought off of eBay, as are the several I use.

73 --> Dave, W9PA