Re: [CQ-Contest] Foot switch

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Foot switch
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 10:55:59 -0800
On 11/10/2022 9:30 AM, Bill kollenbaum - K4XS via CQ-Contest wrote:
Why worry about a foot switch unless you're doing MM etc.  The switch ties you down
and is just one more thing to worry about.  Much easier to VOX...been doing it for 45
years.

YES. Has always worked great for me, with a CM500. The only time it breaks down for me is when the XYL runs through the shack to get laundry and lets the screen door slam. :)

The one time I tried to use a foot switch at a multi, I couldn't keep it under my foot, and it was a train wreck.

73, Jim K9YC