Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL to allow self-spotting in contests

To: "rjairam@gmail.com" <rjairam@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL to allow self-spotting in contests
From: David Gilbert <ab7echo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 14:30:55 -0700

I would have thought the potential benefit would be clear.  It would be a mode almost identical to CW except with a significant improvement in signal-to-noise ratio (roughly 6 to 8 db, I suspect) and one that was far more suitable for contesting than is FT8.  It would be VERY similar to RTTY (which absolutely is "computers communicating") except that the operator would have to mentally decode the audible CW just like in a normal CW contest.

But I'm getting pretty tired of pissing into the wind here.  If I'm the only one that sees some potential here, so be it  ... and I'll leave it at that.

73,
Dave   AB7E