Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL to allow self-spotting in contests

To: "CQ-Contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL to allow self-spotting in contests
From: Sterling Mann <kawfey@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 15:43:25 -0600
Let's take it a step further...

* epic sports intro music plays *

And we are live at the K3LR super station, here on ESPN FiveNine - Your
HOME for RadioSport, where everybody is Five and Nine. We're just minutes
away from kicking off 2032's Worldwide DX Slam, and we already have 9 -
countem, NINE - ops on frequency already warming up the bands. I think we
got a big game ahead, last year's rival is putting up a bigger fight - K9CT
just put up 3 new towers on their farm, but their ops are sitting pretty
from the comfort of their laz-e-boys and couches tied in over Starlink, so
it's the perfect storm, butting the Butts in Chairs with the Work from
Homers against each other. Tim, what are we gonna be seeing today?

Well Fred, this is a young crop of contesters, so you'll be they'll be up
all night working well into Japan and Australia on 160m with that new
OctaVert they've been playin with, and just checked last night, looks like
we got 37,000 VK and JA listed on the regs tonight so it'll be like
shooting fish in a barrel in the graveyard shift assuming they can keep
their rates up and their frequencies busy. That'll be really key, coming
into the sunspot minimums, as the high bands just aren't going to keep it
up despite HAARP-II cooking the ionosphere last week for the
Lets-Make-10m-work-again contest. Man you could feel the heat, and you can
feel it here too. We also expect big things out of the rookie, Maci
Maxwell. She has just been blowing up the scoreboards on nightly sprints
but now she's eating at the big kids table, so pressure's on but I think
she's got it in the bag - we'll really see her shine on the greyline. And
can't forget about that wild metamaterial iono-georesonant phased array at
4O3A causing a storm in the radiosport meta, that is going to be a thorn in
everyone's side. Definitely going to be a big thing to keep an eye on in
the top five, and certainly be a hard battle for first place unlimited, but
you will see it here on ESPN FiveNine. Back to you Fred.

Thanks Tim. For those playing at home, it's time to put on those FlexVR
headsets for a new immersive experience brought to you by DX Engineering -
bringing the DX to the METAVERSE - it's DXaVERSE. Watch real-time stats and
scores, hear stations in full 360 audio with the all new NeuralDSP audio
engine, and SEE the DX coming from the skies so you always know where to
spin the dial and spin your beam to always be on top.

***

I long for the day that RadioSportscaster is an actual job, but I think
we've got a long way to go :-P

-Sterling N0SSC

Hi Randy: