Re: [CQ-Contest] World Wide Digi DX Contest Results.

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] World Wide Digi DX Contest Results.
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 14:18:57 -0700

The application that K6MR refers to is used in a contest only by those who decide to cheat.  It's not the exception that proves the rule.  As you say, the rules for WW-Digi and other FTx contests of which I'm I'm aware specifically prohibit such behavior.  WSJT-X and JTDX do not allow you to run automated without adding some sort of script ... which again is prohibited.

I'd venture that, at least for now, there are more ops running excess power in CW, SSB, or RTTY contests than there are ops running automated bots on FTx.

Dave   AB7E