Re: [CQ-Contest] World Wide Digi DX Contest Results.

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] World Wide Digi DX Contest Results.
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 17:15:10 +0000
On 15/01/2020 03:19, rjairam@gmail.com wrote:
In every contest the computer is running the show, because we do
computerized logging, super check partial etc.

That is nonsense, and N2RJ knows it - it's yet another example of disregard for reality.  The computer runs the show only in data contests, and especially in those with semi or fully-automated exchange sequences.

The operator, doing the decoding, runs the show in Phone and CW contests.  N2RJ's "computerized logging, super check partial etc." are mode-independent operating aids or tools - it is deceitful to compare them to, or equate them with machine sequencing and decoding.

In this case we have over dependence on auto sequence, which makes things
more complicated rather than easier.

There's always the option of less complicated modes that are independent of machine sequencing and decoding.

73,
Paul EI5DI