Re: [CQ-Contest] Tower safety

To: James Cain <jamesdavidcain@gmail.com>, CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Tower safety
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 00:14:17 +0000
The event TEAR is there for your protecting. Just as a fall arrest lanyard.
It’s a shock deterent.  Your car if any airbag is deployed you have to replace
ALL the
Safety belts  !  I remember see a NTSB video years ago when full body harness
were being mandated.  The human test dummy   was dropped as if you sliped off a
cross rung  and he did not have a fall arrest lanyard  but a 5 ft positioning
lanyard attached to the dorsal  D ring.
It was determined just the shock when reaching the end would dis located
sholders and also the possibility if hip pelvic    damage, plus internal
injuriy.
The noted the good possibility of other trauma from  striking the vertical
structure in the fall process.

My ,02

As my mentor taught me nay many yeas ago

There are old Climbers

  There are BOLD Climbers

   But there are NO old bold Climbers

Wayne ,