Re: [CQ-Contest] Room Reservations for Dayton 2020 at the CrownePlaza ho

To: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@ku8e.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Room Reservations for Dayton 2020 at the CrownePlaza hotel in downtown Dayton
From: Radio KØHB <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 03:01:35 +0000
I’m only familiar with the area immediately adjacent to the CrownPlaza, so I
can’t speak about the “Oregon area”.

In my (mis-spent) youth in the Navy I navigated a lot of dark and sketchy
waterfronts in down-scale foreign ports.

In none of them was I ever so apprehensive for my safety as I was this last May
after the Contest Dinner walking 2 blocks from CP to where my vehicle was
parked in a surface lot.  Approached twice with offers of intimate horizontal
refreshment and once by a pair of fellows desiring “money for the bus”.

73, de Hans, KØHB
"Just a boy and his radio"™