Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Qualifying

To: w1ve@yccc.org, CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>, Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Qualifying
From: "steve.root" <steve.root@culligan4water.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 09:24:27 -0400 (EDT)
Gerry,

Some very good thoughts here.  However...  This "National Body" you talk about
would most likely be made up of the same group of people that participate in
WRTC right now.  I don't see where the enlightenment would come from.
Secondly, the differences in propagation are truly enormous and under
appreciated by those who make "the rules".  The Zero district is enormous.  I
dare anyone on this list to qualify for WRTC from the Dakotas, Minnesota, or
Iowa.  There isn't enough propagation from here to support the effort required.
 And finally, the original complaint in this thread started with the
observation that under the current rules, the Team Leader cam pick a team mate
from anywhere on the Planet.  If you already have a remote chance of ever
participating in WRTC and then the team leader picks a European as his partner,
well that's just wrong.

Good luck to everyone and I hope the bands are crackling and everyone has a
good time.

73 Steve K0SR